Well pumps are available in literally dozens of types, models, shapes, and sizes. However, they will fall into any of three broad categories: submersible well pump, deep well pump, and shallow well pump. The names are based on where the pump is stationed. For instance, a submersible well pump is placed under water with its motor and pump fully submerged in water. The delivery pipe and an electrical cable connect the system to the surface. In addition to the pump motor and water pump, the submersible pump has an internal check valve. It lacks a pressure tank.
The deep well pump is designed for drawing water from wells of 90 to 300 feet. They are submerged inside the well. You can either choose a 2 or 3 wire model. The 3 wire model is easier to maintain when compared to the 2 wire model that has to be pulled all the way up when there is a problem. One example of a deep well water pump is the Best Choice Products SKY1924 1HP Deep Well Water Pump. It is an exceptional well pump custom made to meet the needs of those with deep wells.
Well Pumps – What to Expect
One of the things that most people do not take seriously, is to be prepared for surprises after well pump installation. Do not be fooled that once it is installed then all shall be well forever. Well pump installation is just like any other construction project and there will always be some surprises even if everything was done correctly.
One of the best ways of overcoming unanticipated issues is by building a good relationship with a reliable well pump technician. Dewatering is one of the methods employed by wells and well pump experts in solving well pump problems. There are also some other important activities to be carried out regularly including: maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and many others.
Some of the most common problems associated with wells and well pumps include the following:
- Faulty motor – a motor that refuses to work. If it occurs then the starter switch needs to be turned off and the motor evaluated. If all is well then you switch off the pump then restart.
- Pump not turning on – if this happens then most likely your electrical system is not working. Check out the wiring system and replace it if worn out. You should also check the circuit breakers for any damaged fuse. Replace the fuse if that is the case.
- Weather – pipes can freeze during cold seasons. If that happens then contact your technician. Areas that are too dry and hot can ran out of water due to evaporation. If it happens then the pump has to dismantled and relocated.
- Blocked parts – the pumping components might be blocked by particles such as sand, mud, and other materials. Parts such as check valve, foot valve, strainer, and the pipe should be inspected and any component that is damaged replaced.
What about the Best Choice Products SKY1924 1HP Deep Well Water Pump with Control Box?
The Best Choice Products SKY1924 1HP Deep Well Water Pump has been tailored specifically for those who would love to draw water from a deep well or simply want to remove unwanted water. Its stainless steel construction makes the pump sturdy and resistant to elements of nature such as rust, abrasion, corrosion, and minerals. Most of the buyers have found it effective in removing stagnant water, pumping water out of a boat, emptying pools, and even removing flooded water. The powerful motor has been thermal-protected to withstand temperatures of up to 95°F. Very few motors in the market can handle this. This protects the motor from overheating given the fact that it powers a heavy duty pump that can draw water up to 200 feet. Furthermore, it is a 3-wire design motor that guarantees energy efficiency. Another surprising fact about the well pump is that it can also be used for drawing water from holes and wells that are 4-inch in diameter.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Its impeller is made of steel.
- 1 HP motor.
- Thermal protection for temperatures of up to 95 degrees F.
- Ideal for drawing water from wells of up to 200 feet in depth.
- 3 wire design.
- 3 to 10.5 Amps.
- Maximum flow rate 33 GPM.
- Voltage of 110V/60Hz.
- Can be submerged for up to 49 feet.
- Comes with its power cord measuring 98 feet.
- Silver in color.
- Limited warranty.
- Requires assembly.
- Has a control box with dimension of 6 x 5.25 x 2.75 inches.
- Dimensions 4 x 4 x 34 inches.
- Weighs 37 lbs.
- It can handle a wide variety of applications.
- Powered by an efficient and powerful motor.
- Motor protected from overheating.
- 3 wire design ensures energy efficiency and easy access.
- Works well even on wells with 4-inch diameter.
- Excellent flow rate. Will fill up the tank or reservoir within a short time.
- Unlike other pumps it comes with all that is needed. You do not have to buy the electric cord separately. It also has a control box.
- Covered by a warranty.
Pros and Cons
- Long lasting.
- Heavy duty pump.
- No need to buy a power cord separately since it is provided.
- Control box included in the package.
- Easy to assemble.
- Needs a pressure control.
At the time of this review, I’ve had the Best Choice Products SKY1924 Deep Well Water Pump for about a month and it does a good enough job at what it’s meant to do. I used it for drawing drinking water and it has not disappointed. However, on the negative side, the pump needs a pressure control for instances when the pressure in the control tank drops.
A Final Word
The Best Choice Products SKY1924 Deep Well Water Pump is a multi-faceted well pump with capability of handling a wide array of watering applications. It is a sturdy and efficient pump, designed to meet the needs of the heavy user.