If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
The world of wells and well pumps can be quite interesting, yet to most people trying to think or read about well pumps is the least of their concerns. If you are among those who have such a mentality, then you have probably paid more than you should for pump installation or maintenance at one point. Fortunately, you can avoid this mistake by getting yourself acquainted with wells and well pumps. Well pumps such as the ECO-FLO Products EFCWJ10 Deep Water Well Jet Pump are widely used for drawing water intended for diverse purposes: irrigation, lawn watering, household needs, industrial applications, and many others.
About Wells and Well Pumps
Well are divided into two categories: shallow and deep well. A shallow well system refers to a well system of 25 feet or less. As we go beyond 25 feet things become more interesting. A pumping system for such depth will be the deep well pumping system. The pump is capable of pulling water from a depth of 25 feet or less and that is why a special system is required when the water is below that depth.
Pumps are usually located on top of the well/edge of the well or bottom of the well. Since well pumps do an excellent job when pushing water instead of pulling it, well pumps that are placed at the bottom of the well. In a nutshell here are important considerations when choosing a well pump;
- For less than 25 feet – buy a shallow well jet pump.
- 25 feet to 110 feet – buy a deep well jet pump.
- 25 feet 400 feet – buy a 4 inch submersible well pump.
Its quiet easy to ascertain the well depth: use the well driller’s report and if it not available, you can use a string to measure the depth. Simply attach a fishing bobber to a string and lower it into your well. Lower it slowly until you can feel the bobber is floating. Mark the string and measure it.
Other Well Pumps to Choose
- Solar pumps – these do not require an external power source to operate. It is powered by the sun and some have a battery that saves power for use when there is little or no sunlight. They are ideal for areas where electric power lines cannot access. Those who also want to go green should utilize solar pumps.
- Air-driven well pumps – they are also referred to as pneumatic pumps. They are powered by air and are mostly used in commercial and industrial settings.
- Manual pumps – these pumps are lightweight and very affordable. They act as a back-up in situations where a motor-driven pump has stopped working. They are also perfect for temporary wells since it is easily removable.
- Water ran well pumps – these pumps utilize kinetic energy in addition to hydraulics in lifting water over a distance of up to 150 feet. They are mostly used in agricultural areas.
About the ECO-FLO Products EFCWJ10 Deep Well Jet Pump
The ECO-FLO Products EFCWJ10 is a deep well jet pump that offers superior performance and has an excellent capacity. Its superior pressure makes it excellent for drawing water from deep wells. The pump comes with in-built well injector kit, and overload motor. The pump has a dual voltage of 155/230V with factory voltage set at 230V. Other notable features include: balanced rotor, steel shaft, insulated windings, heavy-duty bearings, and mechanical seal. The user manual for the pump can also be downloaded. This gives guidance on safety, warranty, installation, and troubleshooting.
- 2HP motor.
- Flow rate of 8.7 GPH.
- Made of cast iron material.
- Dual voltage 115/230 V. Preset at factory at 230 V.
- 1 inch discharge outlet.
- Product origin is China.
- Weighs 40.7 pounds.
- Product dimensions: 16.3 x 7 x 8.8 inches.
- It has excellent pressure required for drawing water from a deep well.
- High capacity hence ideal for those who need lots of water.
- Has an easy to read manual. This gives a clear guide on safety, installation, troubleshooting, and warranty information.
- Durable motor made of stainless steel. Other components such as bearings, windings, balanced rotor, and mechanical seal are all made of industrial grade material.
- Very affordable and its high quality. Saves a lot of money in the long haul.
- A quiet pump. You won’t even know it’s there.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent pumping pressure and capacity.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to carry.
- Covered by a warranty.
- User manual available.
- Value for money.
- Highly efficient.
- Very quiet.
- Good flow rate.
- There are no cons I could find while reviewing this product.
The ECO-FLO Products EFCWJ10 is a great product which provides impressive delivery and great value for money. The pump is quiet and the number of gallons it pumps per minute is excellent.
A Final Word
If you have been shopping around for an excellent quality deep well jet pump, then you just landed home. The ECO-FLO Products EFCWJ10 is an excellent deep well pump designed with excellent features. It has an impressive capacity, pressure and power capability. The pump is built with excellent quality material and is guaranteed by a limited warranty. Its motor is a heavy performer and works quietly. Few pumps in the market can operate without making noise. Other notable features of the pump include: industrial grade bearings, insulated windings, stainless steel shaft, and a balanced rotor.