If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
To most people, the process of procuring a new well pump is comparable to asking a bookworm to learn how to ballet. Fortunately, wells and well pumps are within the reach of everyone. Just take a walk to your tap, open it and ask yourself how the water comes about. Well, you might not really care about how it got to your tap but it is obvious that life can be unbearable without wells and well pumps. They have been around since human civilization began and have improved greatly over time in terms of efficiency and capacity. Hallmark Industries is a signature name when it comes to the world of wells pumps. It is known for good quality products and reliability. The Hallmark Industries MA0345X-8 is a shallow well jet pump that has made it easy to draw water from shallow wells. It comes with some impressive features.
What to Check out Before Making a Purchase
Do not buy a well pump before you consider these pointers:
- Brand – a brand, its product quality and reputation are very important to consider before you buy your well pump. Customer feedback and comments come in handy when checking out for these. The Internet has made it so easy to get the reviews, like what you’re reading now. Shop around for different brands and compare their prices and quality. However, try to balance between price and quality. Remember it is always hectic to remove a well pump once it has been installed. Therefore it is important to make a wise choice.
- Depth – shallow wells may not need pumps that are too strong. But for deeper wells, a stronger well pump will be ideal. You should also consider the pump’s capability and capacity since deeper wells require greater capacity and capability.
- Pipe – the pipe quality and material should be chosen wisely. A galvanized pipe is the best for deeper wells since it can withstand harsh conditions such as corrosion, rusting, sandy water, minerals, and abrasion.
- Strength – the distance from the well to the house will affect the type of pump chosen. Pumps that draw water uphill or over a long distance should be stronger.
- Pump control Box – the control box should be compatible with the type of pump used. The rating on the control box should match with the water well pump used. Otherwise, the pump will fail to deliver optimum performance.
About the Hallmark Industries MA0345X-8 Shallow Well Jet Pump
The Hallmark Industries MA0345X-8 is a shallow well jet pump designed for drawing water from wells of 25 feet or less. It is powered by a ¾ HP motor that is housed in a cast iron construction. Its pressure switch is heavy duty and its suction head 33 ft. The pump’s suction head is 135 ft and it has a dual voltage 115/230 V. The powerful motor with a capacitor start is also thermal protected and this guarantees a long life. Other notable features of the pump include a flow rate of 14 GPM, 563 watts wattage, and an adjustable pressure switch.
- Dual voltage 115/230V.
- Capable of pumping water over a long distance.
- It is a shallow well jet pump.
- Has a pressure switch.
- ¾ HP 14 GPM pump.
- Powered by an AC source.
- Self-priming capability.
- Thermal protection on motor to lengthen lifespan.
- It has an impeller made of copper material.
- Weighs 35 pounds.
- Product dimensions are 18.9 x 11.2 x 7.7 inches.
- Powerful capacitor motor that endures for many years.
- Heavy duty cast iron construction. Therefore durable.
- It is a self-priming pump.
- A high discharge head and impressive maximum flow rate.
- Comes with an adjustable pressure switch.
- Impeller is made of copper and is long lasting.
- Excellent quality motor.
- Ideal for private well systems or irrigation applications where a low flow is required.
- Covered by a limited warranty.
- Works also well when pumping water from a lake or pond to the house.
Pros and Cons
- Very powerful pump.
- Excellent design.
- Easy to install, takes less than 15 minutes.
- Excellent water pressure.
- A little noisy.
The Hallmark Industries MA0345X-8 shallow well jet pump is great and extremely powerful. It has a good finish and will surely last given the nature of material used in its construction. It’s a tough little pump, which worked great even though it was hooked to a well that had restrictions. The pump is quite hardy and I am pleased with the thermal protection which.
Some of the things that make this pump appealing to most buyers is the fact that it is easy to install, quiet and is affordable. Most buyers echo their comments based on the three factors. As a matter of fact, one of the buyers who had been using Myers pumps for years says they lasted for only a few years. However, this pump from Hallmark is affordable, very quiet in operation, and it is easy to install. He was able to install it within 15 minutes and he is not a plumber. However, on the negative side, one buyer says the pump made some little noise while operating. But overall buyers are happy with their purchase.
A Final Word
If you want to try out a shallow well jet pump with pressure switch then why go further? The excellent Hallmark Industries MA0345X-8 shallow well jet pump has captivated me and many others. It is a highly powered well pump with some unique features and capabilities. It has been built to not only deliver but last as well. In terms of price, it is the very affordable and that is why most buyers say they would buy it again. The pump can be used for a wide variety of applications including: household needs, irrigation, watering a lawn, industrial applications, and many others.