If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
Getting water from various sources requires pumping. There are many types of pumps you can choose from to meet your water pumping needs. For water that is collected somewhere in a pool, submersible pumps get the job done very well. One such pump is the Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump. It is a powerful and durable sump pump that can be put in water with no loss of performance or damage to it. At 1.5 HP, this submersible sump water pump is quite powerful and can lift water to a height of approximately 10 meters. It can be submerged to a depth of up to 8 meters in water.
About the Homdox 1.5 HP Submersible Sump Pump
The Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump is made using stainless steel. The outer casing of the pump and most of its components are thus very resistant to corrosion. Even when submerged for extended periods of time, this pump is able to remain fully functional and suffers no damage. The stainless steel material used to make this pump is safe and does not add smells, flavors or harmful chemicals to water running through the pump. The parts of the sump water pump that are not made from stainless steel are made using other high quality materials that are safe and durable too.
The Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump is built in the shape of a cylinder with a flat bottom and top. The cylinder is divided into 3 major sections. They are the sump and base plate, the motor area and the stainless steel body area. On one side of the cylindrical pump, there is an outlet to which you can affix a water pipe. Various other additions for functionality and comfort are found on the pump, such as:
- At the top is a plastic handle for use when carrying this water pump and inlets for a floating switch. The power cord supplying electricity to the pump also enters it at the top. This top part features a built-in gasket that is leak-proof. It seals the head of the pump for best protection of the rotor coil’s body.
- The sump or base plate of this pump is thick and wide. It is resistant to wear and corrosion. The base allows for the pump to be elevated from the bottom of collected water so that it does not get clogged easily. It also saves the pump from interacting with mud and other debris found at the bottom of pools and other types of standing water.
- The base of this pump is 16 centimeters wide. This is equivalent to 6.24 inches. The height of the pump is 34.5 centimeters or 13.46 inches including the handle.
This stainless steel sump water pump is run on electric power. It is rated 115 volts at 60Hz. This allows the pump to be used in very many applications including in homes. All that is needed is a reliable supply of electricity such as mains power and you are ready to get pumping. You should take care not to exceed the power rating of the pump or risk damaging it. The pump comes with a long power supply cord that allows you to plug the pump into any electrical outlet socket. The cord is waterproof and lasts very long when used well. It enters the pump through a sealed hole at the top of the pump. When the pump is submerged in water, it is able to receive power through this cord and not electrify the water.
The motor of this submersible water pump is made using copper for most of its parts. Copper wire and contacts are great for motors such as the one in the Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump. It allows for excellent transfer of electric power through the motor and does not wear out quickly. The motor does all the job of lifting water from your source to where you are pumping it to. It is efficient and the use of copper in the motor reduces loss of electric current and power to resistance within the wiring.
Getting water that has been pumped to where you want it is easy with the Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump. The pump features a stylish and modern pagoda type outlet. The outlet is screwed onto the pump and allows you to affix 3 different sizes of water pipes to the outlet.
- The smallest pipe size is 2.4 centimeters diameter or 1.0 inches.
- The second size you can have for your outlet water pipe diameter is 3.2 centimeters or 1.25 inches.
- The third and biggest diameter that can fit on the pagoda type outlet is 3.7 centimeters or 1.44 inches.
Of course, you can also remove the pagoda type outlet by screwing it out and affixing a bigger water pipe directly onto the pump. You may however, lose water pressure or damage the pump’s outlet port. This is especially true if you use a metallic pipe directly on the outlet part of this submersible water pump.
Check Price an Availability of the Homdox 1.5 HP Submersible Sump Pump
Pros and Cons
- The Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump is made using stainless steel that is durable and easy to clean. Non-metallic parts of the pump assembly are made using plastic which is also durable.
- This pump is able to work in conditions where most other pumps would fail. It can work with dirty water and even clear out septic tanks that have particles of up to 5 mm cross-section. It is suitable for the draining of pools, basements and for oxygenation of water.
- The safety features included in this sump water pump make it safe for use at home and in the other places you may want.
- Installing and running this pump is easy. It does not require complicated procedures such as priming to be carried out before it is in use.
- This pump is usable in very limited countries and regions. It cannot be used in countries with mains power supplied at 220 or 240 Volts. To use the pump, you need a power adapter too supply the pump with 110 volts as per its rating.
- The Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump cannot account for all the power it consumes. At 1.5 horsepower, one would expect this pump to lift water to a height of more than 10 meters. While the pump has an impressive flow rate of 16,500 liters per hour, its lifting height is not very inspiring.
A Final Word
In one hour of operation, the Homdox 1.5 HP submersible sump pump delivers up to 16,500 liters of water. It is recommended to operate the water at a maximum temperature of 350 C. You should also not run the pump if there is no water to be pumped. Dry runs can result in a damaged pump or burnt motor. This pump comes with a float switch that starts the pump running when water reaches a depth of 8 inches or more. It shuts off the pump when the depth of water around it is less than 8 inches. This feature helps you enjoy greater control of pumping activity using this pump and prevents it from dry-running.