If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
You have done your research and have decided to go ahead and purchase a well pump. Where and how should you begin? Well, one of the first things that should come into mind is to identify the right manufacturer. With the plethora of manufacturers out there you should at least get a reliable one with ease. Try to compare the various brands and their models. Check out their prices, customer reviews, warranty packages, and after sale services. If a manufacturer stands out in all these selection criteria then go ahead and buy the well pump. OrangeA is one of the well pump manufacturers of top notch well pumps in the market today. It offers a wide variety of well pumps that guarantee your satisfaction. If you are considering purchasing a deep well submersible well pump, then check out the OrangeA Deep Well Submersible Pump. It offers great features at a very attractive price.
About Deep Well Submersible Pumps
Deep well submersible well pumps are designed for drawing water from wells that are at least 90 feet deep. You can also get models that draw from depths of several hundred feet. The deep well submersible jet pumps do not siphon water as the case is with shallow well pumps. Instead they use impellers to push water from deep down the well. The performance of the pump is never affected by the water levels.
Submersible deep well pumps are available in various designs and types but they all function in a similar way. When compared to the shallow well jet pumps, they are more durable and yield more water. Those with wells of 100 feet or more will find deep well submersible jet pumps to work best. Unfortunately, these pumps need to be pulled out of the well whenever there is a technical problem. They are also more costly when compared to the shallow well jet pumps.
Therefore, the type of well pump to buy will depend solely on how deep your well is and your budget. If you have a deep well, then you need a deep well submersible jet pump. These pumps yield more water and are more durable when compared to other types of well pumps.
About the OrangeA Deep Well Submersible Pump ½ HP 150ft
This model from OrangeA is a ½ HP submersible well pump offers a consistent flow rate and draws water from wells of up to 150 ft. Its six impellers are capable of pumping water from deep wells at a flow rate of 17 litres per minute. The pump is built with a stainless steel body to ensure it withstands rust, corrosion and other extreme elements of nature. Its powerful motor of ½ HP delivers a maximum flow rate of 25 GPM and the pump comes with its electric cord that measures 5 feet long.
To prevent the motor from overheating and minimize power usage, the manufacturer of the pump has sealed the motor. This will translate to a longer lifespan and lower energy costs. Furthermorem the well pump has been designed such that it can be mounted both vertically and horizontally.
- It is a 4 inch deep well pump that will fit perfectly in the 4 inch well casing.
- Has a 5 feet long electric cord that comes with the kit.
- Stainless steel solidly built body that is ideal for industrial and home use.
- Comes with hermetically sealed motor that has been protected against overheating. It also economizes the amount of energy consumed.
- Features 6 impellers that offer top notch performance.
- Delivers a flow rate of 25 GPM.
- In built check valve.
- Submersible up to 125 feet.
- 110V/60Hz motor guarantees top performance.
- The stainless steel outlet is 1.96 inches wide.
- Works perfectly in PH of 6.5 to 8.5.
- Can be mounted both vertically and horizontally.
- User manual available.
- Gives a top notch flow rate unlike other pumps in the market.
- It is capable of drawing water from wells of up to 125 feet.
- Its stainless body is sturdy and durable. This guarantees it lasts for many years.
- Few products can be mounted both vertically and horizontally like this pump.
- You do not have to buy a separate power cord since the unit comes with its own power cord.
- It has an inbuilt check valve for maximum efficiency.
- Its motor is sealed so as to protect it from overheating. It also reduces energy consumption which ultimately translates to lower energy expenses.
- The product itself is an industrial grade pump which is also ideal for use in households. This means it will last for many years.
Pros and Cons
- Comes with an easy to read manual.
- No need to buy an electric cord separately as it comes with one.
- Energy-saving motor.
- Excellent efficiency.
- Best price. Very affordable.
- Works great
- Easy to install.
- Chinese to English instructions.
- Thin electrical wires.
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical when I first saw the price of the product. However, after purchase, I was intrigued by its performance. At first the price left the impression that it was inferior, but I was pleasantly surprised later on when I started using it. Nonetheless, one notable drawback is that the electric cord is too thin. I would appreciate it big time if it was a bit thicker.
A Final Word
Gauging the OrangeA Deep Well Submersible Pump based on its features and what others say about it shows clearly that it is a definite value for money. It’s hard to beat it’s price.