If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
Homes that rely on water from a well can never do without well pumps. An excellent quality well pump guarantees continuous supply of fresh and clean water for a long time. That is why it is crucial that the right well pump is chosen. A small mistake can result in huge problems: abandoned wells, contaminated water, poor water supply, and interrupted supply of water. What then should you do to ensure you get the right well pump at right price and best quality? Well, it all starts with choosing the right manufacturer. Choose one that has a proven record when it comes to the supply of well pumps. Wayne is one of the most reputed manufacturers of excellent quality well pumps. The Wayne SWS50 ½ HP Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump is an excellent quality pump designed to draw water from wells of 25 feet or less. It is an excellent performer with top notch performance.
Installation of the Well Pump
Well pump installation always follows the selection of the right model for the well. Therefore before you even begin to allocate the funds to the project first understand your options. Check out the types of well pumps available, their features, prices, and manufacturers.
Shallow well jet pumps are the most popular pumps in the market today. They are ideal for shallow wells. Available also are: deep well jet pumps, submersible well pumps, solar well pumps, and hand well pumps. The two of the most important factors that determine the type of well pump you choose are: source of power and budget. Understanding each of the pump types can help you make an informed choice. For instance, if you choose the electric well pump, you have to bear with loss of water when there a power outage. The solar well pump on the other hand serves best those who live in remote areas where access to electricity is limited.
Pump Maintenance and Replacement
Old outdated well pumps that do not work properly or no longer yield as required have to be replaced. Whenever a home runs out of water and is under dire need for water it only means that the well pump is no longer functional. Pump maintenance is also important since it helps prevent unanticipated future failure of the pump.
To get the best maintenance and replacement service, you need to buy your pump from a reliable manufacturer. You can also find a technician who is easily available when needed. The technician will also asses your specific needs then recommend a well pump that will meet your needs. Skilled technicians make annual visits to repair and maintain well pumps.
What defines the WAYNE SWS50 ½ HP Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump?
The US origin shallow well pump is perfect for 25 feet or less in depth. The WAYNE SWS50 is a cast iron well pump that is built to endure. It is capable of running at 115 or 230 volts. Its voltage selection switch helps to regulate the voltage according to what is needed. Furthermore, its pressure is preset to ensure high pressure delivery at all times. This powerful pump has a flow rate of 384 gallons per hour within a depth of 5 feet and 50 psi for wells of 0 to 25 feet depth. It also has a dual voltage of 120/240V. Furthermore, it has an automatic pressure switch that has been preset at 30-50 psi.
- It has a motor of ½ HP and a flow rate of 420 gallons per hour.
- Self-priming shallow well jet pump.
- Has a dual voltage: 120/240V for excellent efficiency.
- Its pressure switch is preset at 30 to 50 psi and operates automatically.
- Comes with a durable cast iron volute featuring a dedicated priming port designed for volute filling.
- Ideal for wells of 0 ft to 25 ft depth.
- Its NPT discharge is ¾ inches and the suction is 1-1/4 inches.
- Features a thermal protection that protects the motor from overheating.
- Covered by a three-year warranty.
- US assembled.
- Weighs 37.8 pounds.
- The product has a dimension of 22 x 12 x 11 inches.
- Tailored to meet the needs of a shallow well (0 to 25 feet).
- Takes less than an hour to install and begin pumping.
- It is powered by a powerful motor.
- Light and easy to carry.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty.
- Has an automatic pressure switch which is preset.
- Has an excellent flow rate:
- 385 GPH for 5 feet well and
- 384 GPH for a 25-feet depth
Pros and Cons
- Easy to install.
- Easy to operate.
- Its manual is available online and is really easy to read and follow.
- Solidly built and durable.
- Quiet during operation.
- Easy to switch from 115V to 220V with respect to the pumping requirements.
- Excellent price.
- Performs well despite its small size and capability.
- Not weather proof.
I am pleased with the WAYNE SWS50 and would easily recommend it to a friend. The pump arrived promptly upon order and it was well packaged. As a matter of fact the manufacturer sent an advance notice notifying him that the well pump was on its way. Upon arrival, it took an hour to install and worked superbly without noise. The pump is well made, works quietly and is easy to switch from 115v to 220v. On a negative note, I think the pump is not very secured against the elements of nature. You may have to build housing for the pump to ensure its durability.
A Final Word
The WAYNE SWS50 shallow well jet pump is an easy to install pump with desirable features. It is ideal for shallow wells and comes at an affordable price. When it comes to performance it is a high performer with exceptional capabilities. Those who have used it rate it as the best when compared to what they have used initially. This shallow well jet pump is a definite value for money.